14 September 2014

EVERYONE WANTS TO GROW UP UNTILL THEY ARE ACTUALLY GROWN UP


Growing up isn’t as fun as I thought it would be. I’ve only recently turned 18 like 4 months ago and honestly being an adult is so stressful. Everything’s so complicated and there are way too many rules.

I miss the most irrelevant memories from being younger but also the major memories. The days where I had to run in to my mother and ask for 1 euro to go to the corner shop but she’d say so no because dinner was just ready. I miss when id be begging for an extra hour but I didn’t even know what an hour was. I miss having to ask for a biscuit or a packet of crisps, having to be told to learn my times tables even though I hated them so much. I miss when my mam would have to sit down with me and count out the cheerios because I was so bad at math’s. I miss having to stress about my first kiss or not stressing about what I was wearing because whatever my mam said was nice I wore. Or waking up really early on a Saturday morning to watch Hannah Montana or save by the bell. I can keep blabbing on because basically I miss my whole childhood, but the one thing I miss the most is how the most pain we felt was when we skinned our knees or fell out of trees. When all these things were happening all I dreamt about was GROWING UP.

I’m starting college tomorrow so I can most defiantly not do them things now. Even though some days I want to just no longer be and adult and if anybody needs me ill be in my handmade fort coloring a picture of barney. As Nicolas sparks says “ it happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want and then you realize that people you’ve know forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.” My childhood memories are funny and wonderful that I wish when I was living in them moments I never wanted them to go away.

I find most people wing growing up though they just see what happens because the older you get the more tough your skin gets an every year you careless. Do we call growing up going to college and going out into the BIG BAD WORLD on your own or do we say your grown up when your best friend is making there speech on your wedding day. We don’t grow up when things are easy we grow up when things are tough. Growing up and being happy seem to be so mutually contradicting. I don’t know about any other 18 year olds but I hate having to buy my own essentials or having to buy new clothes with my own money. Even though I’m out nearly every weekend spending my wages on alcohol breaks my heart. The biggest heart breaker is saying you have no money when really you do you just have responabilities to get rid of first. The hardest part of growing up is just getting use to all these new things and having to get your priority’s straight.


Being an 18 year old is so stressful. First of all we’ve to search for jobs without experience but cant get experience because they wont give us a job. How us boys and girls think we fall in love when really love is just a meaningless word now a days. When your heart is broken and you think you cant live without them but you can because you did before. All our bodies carry years and it shows on our faces but the child we where is still hiding inside and is as innocent and shy as ever. That’s why our childhood memories stay with us wherever we go because no matter how tough the skin gets on the outside or how much you think you have changed we’ll always have that child within us hiding, peaking out behind old eyes and glasses, laughing and waiting for one more chance to come out and show that persons true colours.

                                                                       xoxo
                                                                         CJ