06 January 2017

2016

It's been awhile gals and gays, but I'm back with a swing.

Lately, I've been noticing how depressed everyone is about how 2016 has turned out. Don't get me wrong it hasn't been the best year and it certainly will be down in the history books. From the ruthless Orlando shootings and Turkey explosions, Britain exiting the EU in a referendum, A 2-year-old boy being snatched by an alligator at Disney Lands holiday resort. The terrible heartbreak of Harambe, a zoo gorilla that was shot and killed.

Of course, the many legends like Prince, David Bowie, Alan Rickman, leaving us at a loss for words.

To top that all of Donald Trump being elected president in America.

While I wrote all this down I could see why everyone is glad for it to be over but what I don't get is why aren't we all looking at the positives, Why aren't looking at the bigger picture.

Why haven't we noticed the new cancer tests that could save 10,000 people a year, or because of the ice bucket challenge, there was a gene responsible for ALS, which means they're one step closer to finding a cure. Also that there were glasses made to see color.

A 4-year-old befriended a lonely man and helped him heal after losing his wife.

That one man that gave a waiter a 750 dollar tip to bring his wife and baby home.

To me these out do all the bad things and if anything there's been plenty more good than what I've mentioned, and there's been plenty of more awful things that have happened then what I've mentioned but isn't that LIFE.

"There are good times and there are bad times, But there's still time." - Steve Fromholz.

Life goes on, nothing stops because of all the bad things that happen in the world.